We manufacture and sell nitrogen-based chemical products for the agricultural, mining, and industrial markets. The fertilizers that we produce are used to grow food crops, biofuel feedstock crops, pasture land for grazing livestock, and forage production. We offer various concentrations of nitric acid, sulfuric acid, mixed acids, ammonium nitrate solution and anhydrous ammonia for industrial markets. Our industrial acids are used to produce a variety of products, from clothing and paper products to technologically-advanced athletic gear made from high impact polyurethane. Our nitrogen solutions are used to reduce emissions from power plants and our EarthPure DEF® (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) is used to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions. For the mining market, we manufacture and sell low-density (industrial-grade) prilled ammonium nitrate, and ammonium nitrate solution, which are used for mining precious metals, aggregates for construction and coal.
LSB Industries at a Glance
- Leading manufacturer of nitrogen based chemicals used in various end-markets including agricultural fertilizers and industrial and mining applications with 600 employees across three manufacturing sites.
- Wide variety of end-markets:
- Fertilizers used in crop nutrition, mainly corn.
- Automotive, refrigerants, metals processing.
- Water treatment.
- Pulp and paper.
- Mining applications.
- Acutely focused on safety, and sustainable solutions for the whole world.
- Attractive long-term industry prospects as population growth continues to drive food production and increased fertilizer demand
- Committed to continuous improvement with a focus on improving production yields, production capacity and cost position
- Enhanced operating efficiency through our new maintenance program and operational improvement initiatives.
- Favorable geographic locations.
- Differentiated end market positions.
- Business strength supported by stable Industrial and Mining Business with attractive margins.
- Continued focus on marketing and recent new contract awards from large chemical customers.
- Low cost feedstocks.